Monday, February 23, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Portrait Photography is a photo of a person or a group of people that shows the expression or personality of the subject. This can relate to profile view because its an outline of someones face as seen from one side. It can also relate to silhouetting because its an image of a person or object represented as a solid shape or singular color usually black and its edges match the outline of the subject.

Double Exposures are created in Photoshop by choosing one profile photo of someone and one or more "texture" images. Then go to Photoshop and upload the pictures by clicking on "file", "scripts", "load files into stack". Once the pictures are uploaded, start with the profile image and whiten the back round. You can create as many layers as you want by clicking on "layer", "new adjustment layer" and then you can choose different types of effects.I would want to make a double exposure because when the two pictures blend together it creates an amazing overall image.

 The symbolism in my two visual examples are boxing because it helps me to become stronger and have more self defense to protect myself. Boxing is also a fun outside of school activity to do. I also choose art because I love to draw in my free time and learn new art designs and techniques. Art teaches risk taking and learning to be creative in your drawings.
                      Practice Image                                                                                  Final

15 comments:

  1. Great artwork done. and nice incorporation of the boxing stance in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool!! I love it I love everything about it, Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool images! I like how your art gives the images texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your final it's so artsy!
    Your message works nicely it's so cool!
    Maybe just have your second picture show more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, I love your designs. Nice symbols, great final work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great images
    next time try to get all your images to the botom
    i love your amount of writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really active! I love your practice because it's really abtract and it looks like you're from the forest! I think the texture could show a little more of your face and your bottom photos more noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Brooke!! I really like your art work, and adjustment layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow nice job Brooke! I really love the different designs! Great job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool pictures, are those tatoos? Maybe make your images more visible but this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos and also the drawings are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job, I think my favorite part is probably how you placed the image of your art. However, I think you could make your second symbol stand out a bit more. Overall, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great job! I think you cold make the second photo a little more visible. Overall, it's a really awesome photo, especially the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow awesome job Brooke! I love your art!
    I think your picture could improve by making your image of you boxing a little more visible.
    Over-all great work... I really like how visible your two pictures are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite part of the image is the patterns and symbols, very nicely done.
    Your adjustment layers are great.
    If you could bring out the two symbols a bit more, it would be fantastic

    ReplyDelete