Thursday, December 18, 2014

Visual Literacy

In 7th period, we were assigned by Mrs. Sanderl to choose a word and fold pages of a book.  This project took a while to finish because I had to restart twice. Its a little hard at first but once you get used to doing it then it becomes easier. This project is called book folding which was created by Isaac Salazar and he has been creating them since 2009. Visual Literacy is the ability to interpret the word and present it into the form of an image. This assignment is an example of visual literacy because we folded pages into a word and people can try to figure out the meaning. 

I did one book and chose the word "Art" because I love to do different types of artwork and the font matched because its simple. I think that the font made the word Art stand out because the letters are bold and easy to read when you look at it. For the book, I folded about 115 pages.

Overall, I believe that my book turned out pretty good. I had to restart 2 times and on my 3rd try, it finally turned out the way I wanted it to look like. At first, I was a little frustrated because I would forget to mark where I left off.  If I were to do this project again, I would chose the word "Create" with a cursive font.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Brooke! I wish that you could be in my Art class too, but it has been a pleasure having you in 7th period. I admire your patience and persistence when it comes to quality work. Although you experienced some frustration during the learning process, your final product turned out beautiful (and legible).

    ReplyDelete